Have you encountered the Vcredist x64 error? Many Windows users have reported experiencing the error when installing Microsoft Visual C++, Lumberyard, or any other similar distribution package.
If you have encountered the Vcredist x64 error, this article will inform you why it happens.
What is Vcredist x64 Error?
The vcredist_x86.exe error often occurs when you’re installing Microsoft Visual C++, Lumberyard, or any other similar distribution package. The error can take many forms, including:
● “Setup failed to update VCRedist files on your computer…”
● “vcredist_x64.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
● “Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable Setup has stopped working.”
● “vcredist_x64.exe – Application Error. The instruction at “0xXXXXXXXX” referenced memory at “0xXXXXXXXX”. The memory could not be “read/written.” Click on OK to terminate the program.”
● “vcredist_x64.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”
The vcredist_x64.exe file supports many programs. This is why different vcredist_x86.exe errors can be linked to different third-party PC programs.
Why Vcredist x64.exe Error Happens
When you investigate various user reports on Vcredist_x64.exe error and the suggested repair strategies, you’ll notice several different scenarios that can trigger the occurrence of vcredist_x64.exe error, including:
- An existing Visual C++ installation on your PC: It turns out that Visual C++ 2017 and Visual C++ 2015 have some common binary files, which can conflict. You’ll encounter the vcredist_x64.exe error if your PC already has Visual C++ Redist 2015, and try to install the 2017nRedist. If so, you’ll need to uninstall the newer Visual C++ to resolve the error.
- Bad Visual C++ installation: Certain scenarios might cause a bad installation of the Visual C++ Redistributable package. A bad or incomplete installation of the Visual C++ Redistributable package will likely cause the vcredist_x64.exe error.
- There is a Visual C++ package on Windows Update: You may encounter the vcredist x64.exe error if there is a pending Windows Update that has a similar Visual C++ package in it. This may require you to install all the pending Windows Updates to solve the problem.
- Network interruption: This error can occur when there is an interruption in network connectivity during the Visual C++ package download and installation.
- Malware attack: The vcredist_x64.exe file is a legitimate program from Microsoft. However, some malware can infiltrate your PC as vcredist_x64.exe and run in the background without you noticing and cause the error.
In addition, the occurrence of vcredist x64.exe error can also mean that the version of Microsoft Visual C++ on your computer is missing, corrupted, or outdated.
Should You Remove Vcredist x64.exe?
Vcredist x64 is an essential file on your PC. However, if it is causing any problems on your PC, you can get rid of it by removing Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable or Mass Effect™: Andromeda from your PC.
Check out this blog post for more information and help you if you decide to remove or uninstall the vcredist_x64.exe from your PC.
If you encountered the vcredist x64.exe error, we believe that this post has enlightened you. It is an error you can solve. We also recommend that you always maintain your PC and keep it clean and free from malware.
Read more about .exe files: